Mushroom and Onion Quiche
|Pate brisee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Button mushrooms||1 Can (10 oz) (About 1 Cup)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Can (5 oz) (About 1 Cup)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Line a pie plate which is 8-inches deep with the Pate Brisse.
3) Cut most of the mushrooms in half and leave a few uncut for garnish.
4) In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and cook the onions till they are transparent.
5) Drain properly and put onions into the pastry shell with the mushrooms cut in half.
6) Beat the eggs and stir in the grated cheese, evaporated milk and seasoning. Pour the mixture all over the mushrooms and bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
7) In the remaining butter, sauté the remaining onions for a few minutes and drain them. Cut sautéd onions into thin slices.
8) Serve the pie hot after garnishing with sliced mushrooms.
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.5%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 307.9 mg102.6%
Sodium 637.2 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 31 g61%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 59.9% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet