Crustless Tuna Quiche
|Sliced green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Canned water packed tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large, cut into 6 wedges|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°). Spray a 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
2. Saute the onion and red pepper in the butter in a small skillet for 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Combine the eggs, flour, salt, dry mustard and pepper in a medium-size bowl; beat until well blended. Stir in the milk; add the shredded Cheddar cheese, tuna and sauteed vegetables, rnixing well. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
4. Bake the quiche in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let the quiche cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
5. Garnish each serving with a tomato wedge and a sprig of cilantro, if you wish.