Veggie Tofu Quiche
|Whole wheat pie crust||1|
|Safflower oil/Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , minced|
|Tofu||1 Pound, rinsed, drained|
|Vegetable stock/Non dairy milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tamari soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Soy parmesan/Rice parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
2. In a food processor, puree the tofu, vegetable stock(1/2 cup), tamari, spices and nutritional yeast, blend to a fine paste, add more stock, if required.
3. In a pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms, bell pepper ,garlic and finally add broccoli, cook until the vegetables are tender and broccoli turns bright green.
5. In a bowl, mix the vegetable and tofu mixture along with all other ingredients.
6. Pour the mixture onto the pie crust, using a spatula, spread it evenly.
7. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.
8. Reduce the heat to 350F, bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, until tip of an inserted toothpick comes out clean.Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
9. Cut into wedges and serve with your choice of salad.