Low-Fat Mushroom Quiche
|Pie dough||15 Ounce, refrigerated (1 Package)|
|Cooking spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced fat swiss cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 Medium)|
|Coarsely chopped mushrooms||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Egg substitute||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|2% milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (1/4 Cup)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Roll dough to an 11-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges of dough under, and press to make sure edge is secured onto the rim of pie plate. Flute edge, if desired. Pierce bottom of dough with a fork.
3. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with Swiss cheese and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper; saute until mushrooms release their liquid. Continue to cook until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are brown.
5. Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese in crust.
6. Combine egg substitute and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; beat well with a whisk. Pour milk mixture over mushroom mixture.
7. Bake at 375° for 22 minutes or until set.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2863 Calories from Fat 1550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g266.5%
Saturated Fat 58.6 g293.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.3 mg19.4%
Sodium 3217.4 mg134.1%
Total Carbohydrates 260 g86.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.4%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 73 g146%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 78.1% Iron 62.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet