Chili Cream Cheese Quiche
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound (1/2 Cups, In Chunks)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||11 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups, One 3-Ounce Package And One 8-Ounce Package)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped canned roasted peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a food processor or bowl, combine flour and cornmeal. Add butter; whirl or rub with your fingers until fine crumbs form. Add 1 egg; whirl or stir with a fork until dough holds together.
2. Spread and press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan with removable rim.
3. Bake in a 300° oven until pale gold, 25 to 30 minutes; use warm or cool.
4. Meanwhile, in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir or shake pine nuts until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour from pan.
5. In a large bowl with a mixer, beat cream cheese and remaining 2 eggs until well blended. Stir in cheddar cheese, green chilies, and red peppers. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly into crust. Sprinkle nuts on filling.
6. Bake quiche in a 350° oven just until center no longer jiggles when pan is gently shaken, about 25 minutes (about 18 minutes in a convection oven). Let cool at least 10 minutes.