Here is a short video showing how I make my my quick and easy quiche. Nothing too fancy here - and it's completely adjustable depending on which veggies you like and other ingredients you have on hand. (My homemade pie pastry was in a deep-dish pan so I could have even thrown another egg in there too.) Quiche is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and this easy homemade version is so much better than frozen! (If you really need it fast, you can use a frozen pastry crust but it never tastes as nice as one from scratch.)
2 Large, lightly beaten
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded, divided
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (red, orange green and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms and onion)
All purpose flour
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a saute pan, heat oil and add the vegetables. Stir fry them for 2 minute son high until soft. Stir in the flour, mix well and cook that for another minute. Once done, set it aside to cool.
3. In a bowl with the scrambled eggs, add milk and whisk well until combined. Add the cooled sauteed vegetables, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Mix until well combined.
4. Take the pie shell, sprinkle it with little cheese at the bottom and pour the egg-milk mixture evenly over the cheese. Top it with tomatoes and some more cheese.
5. Bake it in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Serve the quiche hot sliced in desired pieces.