Garden Quiche Lorraine
|Bacon slices||6 , cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Small, finely diced|
|Frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower mixture||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|9 inch deep dish pie shell||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Place the cookie sheet in oven.
3) In a non-stick pan, heat bacon until browned and nearly crisp.
4) Using a perforated, remove the bacon and drain on paper towel.
5) In the same pan, cook onion in bacon grease until onion is translucent.
6) Take out the onion and drain on paper towel.
7) Microwave vegetables, according to package directions.
8) In a bowl, beat together cream cheese with cream, egg yolks, whole egg, salt, and pepper until smooth.
9) Add the bacon, onion, and vegetables into cheese mixture.
10) Stream the cheese mixture into the pie shell.
11) Bake the pie shell in oven for 20 minutes.
12) Lower the heat of the oven 350°F and bake 10 minutes.
13) Remove from the oven and allow to stand 2 to 3 minutes before cutting.
14) Slice the Place cookie sheet in oven and serve hot with small side salad.