|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice water||3 Tablespoon|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Green onion with tops||4 , sliced|
|Evaporated skim milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Can)|
1. Combine flour, salt, and shortening in medium bowl. Mix lightly with fingers or pastry blender until texture of soft bread crumbs. Sprinkle ice water over dough. Toss gently until dough will form a ball. If if s too dry, add 1 tablespoon ice water. Wrap dough in wax paper and chill 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400° F. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand 5 minutes before rolling. Roll dough into a circle on lightly floured board or between sheets of wax paper. Fit dough into 9-inch pie pan; flute rim. Prick crust with fork tines about 8 times. Bake 10 minutes or until shell is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Cook spinach until tender. Drain very thoroughly.
4. Beat eggs. Add spinach and remaining ingredients except cheese.
5. Sprinkle half of Parmesan cheese on pie shell. Pour filling in crust. Sprinkle top of pie with remaining cheese.
6. Bake in 400° F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes