Bite Sized Bacon Quiches
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sliced bacon||8 Ounce, diced (1 Package)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄4 Pound, shredded|
1. Grease and flour thirty-six 1 3/4 inch muffin-pan cups. Prepare piecrust mix as label directs.
2. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough about 1/8 inch thick. Using 3-inch round fluted cookie cutter, cut dough into 36 circles, rerolling trimmings.
3. Line muffin-pan cups with pastry circles; brush pastry lightly with melted butter or margarine; cover and refrigerate.
4. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crisp and brown. With slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain; cool. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
5. About 35 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, with wire whisk or fork beat eggs, half-and-half, and salt. Into each pastry cup, sprinkle some diced bacon and some shredded cheese. Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg mixture into each cup. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until knife inserted in center of a quiche comes out clean. Remove quiches from pan