|For cornmeal quiche shells|
|Gold medal all purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red pepper sauce||6 Drop|
|Chopped cooked ham||2 Tablespoon|
1. In small bowl, mix flour, cornmeal and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry cleans side of bowl.
2. Gather pastry into a ball. Divide in half. Press firmly against bottom and side of two 10-ounce microwavable quiche dishes or custard cups. Prick bottoms and sides thoroughly with fork. Sprinkle cheese and onion in shells.
3. Place dishes on upside-down microwavable saucers in microwave oven. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes; rotate dishes 1/2 turn. Prick any bubbles with fork. Microwave 1 minute 30 seconds to 3 minutes longer or until pastry appears dry and flaky.
4. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, beat eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper sauce with fork. Stir in ham. Microwave uncovered on Medium-High (70%) 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until warm. Stir; pour into shells. Place filled shells on upside-down microwavable saucers in microwave oven.
5. Microwave uncovered on Medium-High 4 to 5 minutes, rotating dishes 1/2 turn after 2 minutes, until center is almost set. Cover loosely and let stand on flat, heatproof surface 3 minutes.