Cider And Orange Punch
|Apple cider||1 Quart|
|Frozen orange juice||6 Ounce, partially thawed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Orange||1 Large, seeded, sliced thin (Unpeeled)|
1. In a cheesecloth bag or a piece of muslin cloth, tie all the whole spices.
2. In a 3-quart slow cooker or crock pot, combine sugar and cider.
3. Throw the spice bag into the liquid along with the orange slices and give a good stir.
4. Cover the pot with its lid.
5. Simmer on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours, stirring occasionally in the first 30 minutes until sugar dissolves.
6. Remove the spice bag from the pot and chill it before serving.
7. Ladle the cider into mugs or pour into a punch bowl and ladle into punch glasses.
8. Garnish the each punch mug or glass with ice and orange slices if you like.