Spicy Meat Pumpkin for Christmas & Thanksgiving
|For the kabocha sauce|
|Fresh cream||60 Milliliter|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|For the meat mixture|
|Ground meat||150 Gram (beef and pork)|
|Chopped onion||100 Gram|
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|For other spices|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pink pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 220C (428F).
2. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well).
3. Place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes to make it easier to cut.
4. Cut the Kabocha into large chunks (make sure you can cut out the skin with your cookie cutter later), cover with plastic wrap again, and microwave on medium (500w) for 5 minutes until tender.
5. Carefully scoop out the Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Mash the Kabocha using a fork while it is hot.
6. Cut out the skin with a holly leaf cookie cutter (or any cookie cutter of your choice) as shown in the video.
7. Season the mashed Kabocha with fresh cream, egg yolk, cinnamon powder, honey, salt and pepper.
8. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Sauté the chopped garlic until fragrant. Add the chopped onion and sauté on low heat until softened.
9. Add ground beef and pork mixture and cook until no longer pink. Season with nutmeg powder, salt and pepper.
10. Turn off the heat and let cool completely. Add egg white and mix well.
11. Pour the meat mixture in the pie dish.
12. Pour the Kabocha sauce on top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, and some olive oil.
13. Arrange the holly leaves made of Kabocha skin around the edge of the pie dish.
14. Cook in the oven at 220C (428F) for about 20 minutes until the top is golden.
15. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, and garnish with pink pepper (to resemble holly berries).