Roasted Pumpkin Seed Threeway
|For coffee and chili flavored pumpkin seeds|
|Raw pumpkin seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely ground coffee||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|For maple and sea salt flavored pumpkin seeds|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a sauce pan, place the seeds with just enough water to cover, adding 1 tablespoon of salt for every cup of pumpkin seeds.
2. Bring it to a boil and let them simmer for about five minutes.
3. Strain the seeds and let them completely dry.
4. Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. For the Coffee and Chili Flavored Pumpkin Seeds: Mix the raw pumpkin seeds with the olive oil, chili powder, coffee, sugar and sea salt.
6. For the Maple and Sea Salt Flavored Pumpkin Seeds: Mix the raw pumpkin seeds with the maple syrup, brown sugar and sea salt.
7. For the Salted Pumpkin seeds: Mix the raw pumpkin seeds with the olive oil and sea salt.
8. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and while keeping the flavored seeds separated, spread them out into a single layer.
9. Roast them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the salted seeds just begin to look toasted. Don't let them burn.
10. Serve as an anytime snack.
Recipe Courtesy of: cookingstoned.tv