How To Cook Pumpkin
|Pumpkin||4 Cup (64 tbs), roasted|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Shallot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sage leaves||8 Small|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (add more if needed)|
|Creme fraiche||2 Tablespoon (plus more for garnish)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To roast the pumpkin, first cut it in half and take out the seeds and strings.
3) Drizzle the pumpkin halves with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put a pat of butter in the center of each half.
4) Roast the pumpkin halves in the preheated oven for about 90 minutes.
5) Allow the pumpkin to cool and then scoop the flesh away from the skin.
6) To make the soup, heat the olive oil in a stock pot.
7) Add the onion, garlic and shallot, salt and pepper. Saute till tender.
8) Tear up the sage leaves and addd them to the pot. Saute for about 2 minutes more.
9) Add the pumpkin and chicken stock and bring the mixture to a simmer.
10) Once the soup has simmered for about 10 minutes, blend it into a puree.
11) Move the soup to a soup bowl, top with some creme fraiche and sprinkle the chopped chives all over. Serve right away.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 767 Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.7%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.4 mg4.8%
Sodium 6687.1 mg278.6%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.4%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 26 g52.2%
Vitamin A 946.8% Vitamin C 248.7%
Calcium 33.3% Iron 56.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet