Sure, pumpkin is great in a pie, but why stop there? This pumpkin pecan braid is a beautiful, easy way to spice up breakfast. Lauren Chattman from Pillsbury shows how it's made, and shares her secret for braiding pastry dough.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease cookie sheet with cooking spray.
3. Place refrigerated crescent rolls on the cookie sheet and seal the perforations so that the filling does not leak out.
4. Press the entire dough into a larger rectangle. If using dough sheet, unroll dough into cookie sheet.
5. In a bowl, take pumpkin puree, egg yolk, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and egg yolk.
6. Add half a cup pecans to it. Mix it well.
7. Place it in the center of the dough.
8. Cut one-inch slits on the dough, near the filling on both sides.
9. Crisscross the slits across the filling just like you braid.
10. In a bowl, take egg white and beat it well.
11. Brush with this egg white on the braid.
12. Bake it in the oven at for350°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
13. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix confectionary sugar and milk to make the white icing.
14. Drizzle this white icing over the pecan bread once it is done.
15. Sprinkle pecans over the icing before the icing dries.
16. Serve Baked Pumpkin Pecan Braid as it is.
If you want to jazz up your breakfast, help is here! This video features a recipe for Baked Pumpkin Pecan Braid which makes for a delicious and an appetizing breakfast. The best part about this recipe is that it is very simple and easy to make. So check out this video!