Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 stick)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (canned or fresh pureed)|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|For lemon glaze|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a cookie sheets and set aside.
3) Over a waxed paper, place sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
4) In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat butter, granulated sugar and eggs until fluffy.
5) Lower the speed, and beat in pumpkin.
6) Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined.
7) Mix in the raisins and walnuts.
8) Over the cookie sheet, drop the flour mixture by tablespoons, 2 inches apart.
9) Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
10) Take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool on wire rack.
11) In a bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice, until smooth.
13) Smear the cookies with the glaze are when still slightly warm and serve