Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 stick)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (canned or fresh pureed)|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|For lemon glaze|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a cookie sheets and set aside.
3) Over a waxed paper, place sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
4) In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat butter, granulated sugar and eggs until fluffy.
5) Lower the speed, and beat in pumpkin.
6) Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined.
7) Mix in the raisins and walnuts.
8) Over the cookie sheet, drop the flour mixture by tablespoons, 2 inches apart.
9) Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
10) Take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool on wire rack.
11) In a bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice, until smooth.
13) Smear the cookies with the glaze are when still slightly warm and serve
Calories 786 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg36.9%
Sodium 323.6 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 84.7 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet