Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese and Preserves
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese and peach preserves:|
|Peach preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Take two 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pans and lightly grease them.
3) Take a pan and stir together oil with sugar in it. Stir and mix well.
4) Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well upon each addition.
5) Stir in pumpkin.
6) Take a bowl and combine together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg in it.
7) Add the mixture to the pumpkin mixture, alternating with water. Begin and end with flour mixture.
8) Stir in pecans and vanilla.
9) Spoon the batter into the greased pans and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted at the center comes out clean.
10) Cool the bread in pans for about 10 minutes. Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
11) FOR THE CREAM CHEESE AND PEACH PRESERVES: In the meanwhile, combine the peach preserves with ginger. Spoon the mixture over softened cream cheese block.
12) Slice and serve the bread with Cream Cheese and Peach Preserves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6837 Calories from Fat 3079
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 353 g543.3%
Saturated Fat 81.8 g408.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1095.4 mg365.1%
Sodium 5918.1 mg246.6%
Total Carbohydrates 850 g283.4%
Dietary Fiber 40.7 g162.7%
Sugars 481.4 g
Protein 98 g196.6%
Vitamin A 1491.2% Vitamin C 38.5%
Calcium 90.8% Iron 200.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet