Frozen Pumpkin Dessert
|Pumpkin puree||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened frozen orange juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Half-and-half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, honey and egg together.
2) Beat in the orange juice concentrate, spices and vanilla.
3) Then stir in half-and-half and skim milk.
4) In an ice cream maker, process the mixture as per directions.
5) Alternately, freeze in an 8 X 8-inch pan for about 1 hour until thickened.
6) Remove from freezer, beat thoroughly and then return to freezer.
7) Repeat this twice, then spoon into two 1-quart containers and
freeze until serving time.
8) Serve the Frozen Pumpkin Dessert on dessert plates.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.8 mg12.9%
Sodium 55.1 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 179.5% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet