Frozen Pumpkin Dessert
|Pumpkin puree||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened frozen orange juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Half-and-half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, honey and egg together.
2) Beat in the orange juice concentrate, spices and vanilla.
3) Then stir in half-and-half and skim milk.
4) In an ice cream maker, process the mixture as per directions.
5) Alternately, freeze in an 8 X 8-inch pan for about 1 hour until thickened.
6) Remove from freezer, beat thoroughly and then return to freezer.
7) Repeat this twice, then spoon into two 1-quart containers and
freeze until serving time.
8) Serve the Frozen Pumpkin Dessert on dessert plates.