Madewood Pumpkin Lafourche
|Yams||6 Medium, drained (3 Cans)|
|Apples||6 Medium, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Pumpkin||2 Medium, 1 pumpkin, peeled and cut in cubes|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2) In a cast aluminium pot, place pumpkin with 1 cup of sugar and water to cover.
3) Put the lid on and simmer until the pumpkin is tender.
4) In 2 separate saucepans, cook apples and yams separately with 1/2 cup sugar each, and water until tender.
5) Place pumpkin, apples and yams in greased baking dish.
6) Slice the top of, flat-bottomed second pumpkin, to make a lid.
7) Scoop out the seeds, and grease with cooking oil.
8) Bake for 30 minutes, until tender but not till too soft.
9) Place the whole pumpkin on tray and fill with yam mixture.
10) Replace lid to retain heat and serve hot.
Calories 1612 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 54.9 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 381 g127%
Dietary Fiber 30 g120.1%
Sugars 178.4 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 2966.6% Vitamin C 404.1%
Calcium 52.2% Iron 104.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet