Madewood Pumpkin Lafourche
|Yams||6 Medium, drained (3 Cans)|
|Apples||6 Medium, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Pumpkin||2 Medium, 1 pumpkin, peeled and cut in cubes|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2) In a cast aluminium pot, place pumpkin with 1 cup of sugar and water to cover.
3) Put the lid on and simmer until the pumpkin is tender.
4) In 2 separate saucepans, cook apples and yams separately with 1/2 cup sugar each, and water until tender.
5) Place pumpkin, apples and yams in greased baking dish.
6) Slice the top of, flat-bottomed second pumpkin, to make a lid.
7) Scoop out the seeds, and grease with cooking oil.
8) Bake for 30 minutes, until tender but not till too soft.
9) Place the whole pumpkin on tray and fill with yam mixture.
10) Replace lid to retain heat and serve hot.