|Grated cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Remove the seeds and fibres from the centre of the pumpkin.
2) Discard the skin and in a bowl grate the flesh.
3) Sprinkle little salt over pumpkin, mix well and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
4) Preheat the oven to the temperature of 350°.
5) Grease an oven-proof dish.
6) With the back of the spoon, press the pumpkin to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
7) Add the cheese to the pumpkin with cumin, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley and seasoning and beat the mixture until smooth.
8) In the oven-proof dish, pour the pumpkin mixture and smooth the top.
9) Pat the top with butter and bake for about 45 minutes till set.
10) Serve the baked pumpkin immediately with a tomato salad and fresh crusty bread and butter.
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.8 mg38.3%
Sodium 545.4 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 180.3% Vitamin C 25.3%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet