Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened (1/2 Of 8 Ounce Package Filling)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned solid pack pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with oil.
3. Prepare the filling in a mixing bowl, by beating cream cheese, sugar and egg with a wire whisk. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin, sugar, egg and oil.
5. Stir in all the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture to make a smooth bather.
6. Pour batter into greased baking dish
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture over batter.
8. Using a spatula or a palette knife and swirl through the batter to create a marbled effect.
9. Generously sprinkle chocolate morsels, if using.
10. Place the dish on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted though the cake.
11. Remove dish from oven and allow it to cool.
12. Cut into squares.
13. Serve warm or chilled.