Spicy Pumpkin Cookies
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Raisins/Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray, oil or unsalted butter.
3) In a large, clean glass bowl, combine sugar with sifted flour, baking powder salt and spices
4) Blend egg, oil and pumpkin in a blender or food processor until well combined.
5) Add the liquid mixture to the sifted dry ingredients in the bowl.
6) Use a wooden spoon or plastic spatula to blend ingredients into a smooth batter.
7) Mix the nuts and raisins into the batter.
8) Drop leveled teaspoons of the mixture on the greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
9) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
12) Store the cookies in an air tight jar.