How To Make Curried Pumpkin And Other Dishes
|For pumpkin curry|
|Pumpkin||2 Cup (32 tbs) (peeled and chopped)|
|Dry red chilies||2 , chopped|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Wheat crackers||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Green chilies||3 , chopped|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For pumpkin soup|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|White flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a pan, heat oil. Add dry red chili, fenugreek, mustard and sauté them.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, green chilies, ginger and stir fry them for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the pumpkins and season with wheat crackers, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
4. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and tender. Turn off the heat and transfer it to bowl.
5. Serve the Pumpkin Curry with thepla or roti.
1. In a bowl, put pumpkins. Cover and place it in the microwave oven for 2-3 minutes.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
3. Season with salt and black pepper. Add in the pumpkin, stir well and cook for a few minutes.
4. In a blender, put the pumpkin mixture. Add milk and flour. Blend until smooth.
5. Return the blended mixture to the pan and bring to a boil.
6. Transfer the soup to a serving bowl. Garnish with basil leaves.
7. Serve the Pumpkin Soup with tortilla chips.
Tip: Marinate the pumpkin seeds in spice mix and bake in the oven until golden brown and crisp.