|Unbleached flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mashed pumpkin||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Cooked/Canned)|
|Fat free egg substitute||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat ricotta cheese/Soft curd farmer cheese/ reduced-fat cream cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well. Add the pumpkin and egg substitute, and stir to mix well.
2. Line a 15 1/4-x-10 1/4-inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper by laying a 16-inch piece of waxed paper in the pan, and folding up the sides so that the paper covers the bottom and sides of the pan. Spray the waxed paper with nonfat cooking spray, and spread the batter evenly in the pan. Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes, or just until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
3. While the cake is baking, sift 1/4 cup of the confectioners' sugar over a clean kitchen towel. Remove the cake from the oven, and immediately invert it onto the towel. Peel off the waxed paper. Starting at the short end, roll the cake and towel up together. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the filling, place the filling ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Gently unroll the cooled cake, and spread the filling over the cake to within 1/2 inch of each edge. Roll the cake up, and transfer to a serving platter. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
5. Sift the remaining 2 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar over the top of the roll. Trim 112 inch off of each end, and slice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1832 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1133.2 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 388 g129.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 285.4 g
Protein 66 g132.8%
Vitamin A 297.9% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 234.5% Iron 76.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet