Black Eyed Peas And Pasta
|Dried black eyed peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a pan and cover the peas using cold water and allow it to rest for 8 hours. Drain the peas once done.
2. In a pan, put the peas in 1 quart water along with bay leaf. Bring it to boil for 10 minutes. Cover the lid and simmer for 25 minutes or until soft. Drain again and remove the bay leaf.
3. Cook the pasta as pet the directions mentioned on the package.
4. Take a skillet and heat oil. Saute the onions and garlic for just about 5 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes, basil and simmer for 8 minutes.
7. Drain the paste and rinse off. Stir in some cheese, pepper, salt, pasta and beans into the sauce.
8. Serve hot in a serving dish.
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.1 mg4.7%
Sodium 242.8 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet