This first course recipe can best be described as a grown up ham and cheese sandwich. With the creamy and nuttiness of the gruyere cheese, spiciness of the soppressata (Italian salami) and the flakiness of the puff pastry is sure to be a success.
Puff pastry sheet
2 , thawed
150 Gram (10-12)
6 Ounce, grated
1 , beaten
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
2. Lightly flour the work surface and lay a puff pastry sheet on it.
3. Spread Dijon mustard evenly over top, leaving one inch border on all sides.
4. Top it evenly with salami.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top of soppressata.
6. With brush apply beaten egg along the borders.
7. Place the other pastry sheet directly on top. Press, and seal the edges.
8. Brush egg all over the puff pastry.
9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place pastry on it.
10. Make slits over the top for the steam to escape.
11. Pop it in oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Remove from oven, and allow the pastry to cool for a few minutes.