Oyster Puff Patties
|Puff pastry||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oyster liquid||3 Tablespoon|
|Oysters||1 1⁄2 Dozen|
|Anchovy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 230° C (4500 F).
2. Roll the pastry dough into 5 mm (1/4th inch) thickness.
3. Cut the pasty dough into rounds using a cutter measuring 4 cm (1 ½ inch).
4. Use a cutter measuring 1 cm to create a mark at the center of each dough and cut it halfway through it. (Dip the cutters in boiling water during each time to gain cleaner cuts. It also helps the pastry to rise better. )
5. Arrange the rounds over shallow oven tray and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
6. For making filling - Take a small saucepan, melt the butter and add salt, flour, mustard and cayenne and stir until the mixture turns smooth and cook for additional minute without browning.
7. Stir in oyster liquid and milk and cook until the sauce boils and thickens. Cook for additional 2 minutes and stir in anchovy sauce, cream and breaded oysters.
8. Take out the tops of baked cases and add spoonful of cream oyster mixture to each of them and replace its top.
9. Reheat the rounds if necessary during the time of serving.
10. Serve the oyster patties after garnishing with lemon and parsley.