Cucumber Bisque with Caviar Puffs
|Cucumbers||4 Large, pared and sliced|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1 1/2 stick)|
|Envelope of instant chicken broth/Chicken bouillon cubes - 2||2|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||8 Drop|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Dairy sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Red caviar||4 Ounce (1 jar)|
To make the Caviar Puffs
1. Heat water and butter or margarine to boiling in a small saucepan.
2. Add flour and salt all at once; stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until batter forms a smooth ball that follows spoon around pan. Remove from heat at once; cool slightly.
3. Beat in egg until mixture is shiny-smooth.
4. Drop by rounded half-teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Remove from cookie sheet; cool completely on a wire rack.
6. When ready to fill, cut a thin slice from top of each puff and scoop out any soft centers with a teaspoon. Fill with sour cream; top with red caviar.
To make the Cucumber Bisque
7. In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion and cucumber until they turn soft.
8. Stir in salt, curry powder, water, bouillon cubes or instant chicken broth, and liquid red pepper seasoning.
9. Boil the mixture , crush the bouillon cubes using spoon and simmer for about 15 minutes until the cucumber turns soft.
10. In a electric blender, beat cup full of this mixture at a time or pass it through a fine sieve before putting it back to saucepan.
11. Add cream and milk and stir the mixture to boiling.
12. Ladle the Cucumber Bisque into soup cups.
13. Top with caviar puffs.