Basic Cream Puffs
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, melt shortening in 1 cup boiling water.
2) Add flour and salt all at once. Keep stirring until mixture forms ball.
3) Now, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth.
4) Take a greased cookie sheet and drop spoonsful of batter on it.
5) Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
6) Decrease heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
7) Cool the puffs and then fill with desired cream pie filling, whipped cream or ice cream.
8) Serve the cream puffs as snack or dessert to kids.