Sun Dried Tomato Cream Puffs
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Pillsbury Best Brand)|
|Finely chopped sun dried tomatoes||2 Tablespoon (Not Oil- Packed)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a saucepan, heat together water and margarine to boil.
3) Add flour, sun dried tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and stir well to mix.
4) Simmer the flour mixture, stirring continuously for 1 minute until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan and form into smooth ball.
5) Take the pan away from the heat.
6) Using an electric beater, beating 1 egg at a time in the flour mixture for 1 minute after adding each egg to make smooth mixture.
7) Place a dollop with a tablespoon or pipe the flour mixture on a non-stick baking pan.
8) Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture puffs up and gets golden brown in colour.
9) Take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool, making a small slit in side of each puff to let the air escape.
10) Fill each puff with 1 teaspoon of cream cheese.
11) Arrange the puff on the small mixed salad and serve warm.