Chocolate Pecan Cream Puffs
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Coffee ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Marshmallow fluff||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) In 1 cup of boiling water, melt the butter or margarine.
3) Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt.
4) Add the sifted ingredients to the butter-water mixture all at once. Stir well.
5) Cook the mixture, constantly stirring, till it forms a ball that does not separate.
6) Add the eggs, one at a time, vigorously beating after each addition till the mixture is smooth.
7) Add the pecans and stir well.
8) Onto a greased baking sheet, drop the dough by heaping tablespoons.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, reduce the temperature of the oven to 325 degrees, and bake for another 20 minutes.
10) Remove the preparation from the oven and split.
11) Turn the oven off, put the puffs back in to dry for about 20 minutes.
12) Remove the excess soft centers, if any. Cool.
13) To make the Marshmallow Sauce, heat the marshmallow fluff and water over medium-low heat, constantly stirring, till the ingredients have combine together well. Cool.
14) Fill the puffs with chilled coffee ice cream, top with the Marshmallow Sauce and serve at room temperature as a dessert.