Cheddar Chicken Puffs
|Condensed cheddar cheese soup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Campbell's Brand)|
|Canned chunk style chicken||5 Ounce (1 Can, Swanson Mixin' Brand)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Italian Flavored)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (To Deep Fry)|
1. In a deep fat fryer or in a large frying pan, heat about 3 inches of oil.
2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Shape the mixture into walnut size balls (about 1/2 inch).
4. If too moist, roll them in additional breadcrumbs.
5. When the oil is hot and bubbly but not smoking, drop the balls, in batches and fry for 2 minutes, turning frequently, until they are golden.
6. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
7. Fry remaining balls.
8. Serve the Cheddar Chicken Puffs hot and crispy with a dipping sauce of your choice.