Breakfast Puffs With Walnuts
|All purpose flour||18 Tablespoon (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Margarine||11 Teaspoon (1/4 cup minus 1 teaspoon)|
|Skim milk/Non fat milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Ounce, ground|
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and baking powder. Keep aside.
3) In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of sugar, margarine and the egg.
4) Using an electric mixer, beat the contents in the bowl, at medium speed until creamy.
5) To this, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, beating until well combined.
6) Now, stir in walnuts. Mix well.
7) On a nonstick baking sheet, drop tablespoonfuls of this batter to form 12 equal mounds. Ensure to leave 2 inches gap between each.
8) With melted butter, brush each mound evenly.
9) In a small bowl, combine the remaining tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
10) Over each mound, sprinkle an equal amount of this sugar mixture.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden and puffed up.
12) Let the puffs cool on a wire rack.
13) Serve the Breakfast Puffs along with your favorite morning drink.