|Frozen puff pastry||1⁄2 Pound, thawed (commercial)|
|Apples||3⁄4 Pound (Sharp Flavored)|
|Sharp flavored apples||3⁄4 Pound|
|Brown sugar||To Taste|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 Teaspoon, rind grated|
|Orange marmalade||1 Tablespoon|
|White sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1. Roll pastry into an oblong 1/8 inch thick.
3. Peel, core and slice apples. Simmer them in 4 tablespoons water until soft.
4. Drain, reserving any liquid. Cool completely.
5. Heat oven to 400°F.
6. Mash the sliced apples to pulp with a fork with a little sugar, the lemon rind and marmalade. Mix thoroughly, and add a little extra sugar if needed.
7. Cut the chilled pastry into 4-inch squares.
8. Place a line of apple mixture 2 inches long and about 3A inch wide across the center of each square.
9. Damp the edges of the pastry squares.
10. Fold over and pinch together the edges parallel with the line of filling, so that it is covered.
11. Pinch together and flute the ends of the tube- like puffs too.
12. Brush the tops of the puffs with the reserved apple liquid (or with water) and sprinkle with sugar.
13. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, spaced well apart.
14. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1734 Calories from Fat 783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.9%
Saturated Fat 22 g109.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 577 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 223 g74.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.3%
Sugars 95.6 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 841.6%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet