Tofu Surimi Puffs
|Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Block)|
|Surimi||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fishcake Base)|
|Ground ginger||1 Dash|
1) Quarter tofu.
2) In a muslin dishtowel, place tofu, one piece at a time and press out as much of the water as possible.
3) In a suribachi or in an osterizer, grind tofu until fine.
4) Cut nori lengthwise into three strips and each strip into 8 - 10 pieces.
5) Mix surimi (fishcake base) and seasonings with the ground tofu.
6) Take spoonful of surimi-tofu mixture and cover a piece of nori around the center.
7) Into deep hot oil, drop this and fry until delicately brown.
8) Serve the puffs hot or cold as an appetizer or snack.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 462.2 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet