|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut in 1/2 cup of the margarine into 1 cup of flour.
3.Pour in the 2 tablespoons of water.
4.Mix well with a fork and gather into a ball.
5.Divide this ball of dough into two parts.
6.Place these on a baking sheet that has not been greased.
7.Pat the balls to form a 12 x3 inch strip.
8.Place the strips, 3 inches apart.
9.Add 1 cup of water to 1/2 cup of margarine and bring mixture to boil.
10.Take it off the heat and add in the flour.
11.Add in egg, one by one.
12. Now add in the almond extract.
13. Divide mixture into two portions.
14. Spread evenly over the pastry strips.
15. Fold diagonally along to cover.
15. Bake for 60 minutes.
16.Serve warm with tea.