Praline Cream Puffs
|For cream puffs|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For toasted pecan sauce|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped, toasted|
|Ice cream||1 Quart (Vanilla Or Butter Pecan, 4 Cups)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F.
2) Grease cookie sheets with shortening.
3) 2) In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup butter and water. Heat to boil for 2 minutes.
4) Mix flour and salt.
5) Cook and stir until mixture leaves side of pan in smooth ball.
6) Take off from heat.
7) Beat in 1 egg at a time until mixture is smooth. Do not overbeat.
8) Fill 12 mounds of dough (about 1/4 cup each) and arrange 3 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
9) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
10) Prick puffs with sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
11) Taker off from cookie sheets and cool completely.
12) To prepare sauce, in medium saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
13) Mix brown sugar and corn syrup.
14) Heat to boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
15) Mix whipping cream and place to boiling again.
16) Take off from heat.
17) Mix the pecans. Keep warm.
18) To serve, arrange the puff on serving plate.
19) Halve horizontally.
20) Fill about 1/3 cup ice cream into bottom half of puff.
21) Place the top half of puff over it; drizzle with sauce.