Appetizer Garlic Puffs
|Garlic head||1 Small, separated into cloves (Fresh One)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cover boiling water over the garlic cloves.
2) Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
3) Drain and peel.
4) Mince the clove fine.
5) In a saucepan, stir butter until melted using 1 cup boiling water.
6) Now add garlic,flour and salt all together.
7) Cook, mixing, until the mixture takes the shape of a ball.
8) Remove from heat.
9) Cool slightly, then add eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until mixture is of smooth consistency.
10) On a greased baking sheet, drop teaspoonfuls at a time.
11) Bake in 400-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
12) Lower the heat to 325 degrees and continue to cook for another 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
13) Remove from oven and cut in half,chill.
14) Stuff with garlic filling and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1637 Calories from Fat 994
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.3%
Saturated Fat 64.2 g321.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1087.8 mg362.6%
Sodium 801.6 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 43 g85.7%
Vitamin A 75.8% Vitamin C 31.3%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 58.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet