|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. In a saucepan add the butter, salt and tip the beer.
4. Heat over a medium low flame until it reaches boiling point.
5. Tip in the flour all at once and beat the mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon or thick wire whisk until it forms a ball of dough.
6. Take the pan off the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition until the batter is thick and elastic.
7. Use a rounded tablespoon to drop the dough on the cookie sheet keeping 1 inch between each.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9. Decrease the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake the pastry for another 7 to 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
10. Let rest in an open oven for a few minutes to dry out then remove and slide onto wire rack to cool.
11. Split the puffs and fill with desired sweet or savory filling.