Cream Puff Snacks
|Diet margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F before baking.
2. Place a medium-sized saucepan on high heat, add margarine and water and heat the mixture, stirring intermittently, to melt margarine and allow the mixture to boil.
3. Lower the heat to minimum, mix in flour along with salt and stir briskly till mixture leaves the pan sides, forming a compact, smooth ball.
4. Take off from heat and keep aside. Mix in egg, one after the other, beating thoroughly each time, till the mixture is shiny and smooth.
5. Take a cookie sheet, ungreased one. Using a spoon, place the mixture, 3 inches apart, in the shape of a mound.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
7. Take out, transfer to a wire rack and cool thoroughly.
8. Serve with hot, spiced tea.
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 432.9 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.1% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet