Baked Cream Puffs
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 Large, beaten|
|Vanilla cream filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a saucepan, bring the water, butter, and salt to boil. Lower the heat and swiftly mix in the flour until the mixture form a ball.
3) Turn off the heat and gradually beat in the eggs until mixture is smooth.
4) Drop spoonfuls of the dough over greased cookie sheets about 3 inches apart.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove and cool over the racks.
6) Split the puffs and spoon the Vanilla Cream Filling. Sprinkle evenly with the confectioners' sugar or frost as desired. Keep in the refrigerator.
7) Serve in a nice plate.
Calories 592 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g91.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 307.6 mg102.5%
Sodium 344.3 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 13 g25%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 9% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet