Corn Meal Puffs
|White corn meal||5 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||4 , beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F
2. Grease a baking sheet with oil or butter and dust with flour.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine corn meal and salt
4. Add enough boiling water to the cornmeal to make a soft mixture.
5. Allow the cornmeal mixture to cool to room temperature.
6. Fold the beaten egg whites into the corn meal mixture to make a batter.
7. Use a dessert spoon to drop the batter onto the baking sheet, leaving a 1 inch space between each.
8. Bake in the preheated oven until golden.
9. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
10. Serve the warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2155.2 mg89.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.9% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet