|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Coat The Cookies)|
1. Sift the flour, measure and add the chopped nuts to it. Keep aside.
2. Measure sugar and butter and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 300°F before baking.
4. Generously grease a cookie or baking sheet with butter.
5. In a large dry and grease free mixing bowl combine the softened butter and the sugar.
6. Use an electric mixer at a medium speed or a wire whisk to beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy and resembles cream
7. Stir in the vanilla
8. Stir the flour –nuts mixture into creamer mixture to bind together and get a soft dough.
9. Using a dessert spoon, divide and shape the dough into walnut size balls, flatten and arrange them on the buttered cookie sheet keeping a 2 inch space between each.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes until nicely golden and firm.
11. Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool and become crisp on the tray for 5 minutes.
12. Roll them in powdered sugar while they are still warm then transfer onto a wire rack to cool
13. Roll the cookies again in powdered sugar before serving them.
14. Enjoy the cookies with your evening beverage.
Store the cookies in an airtight container.