Chocolate Cream Puff Turtles
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice cream/Vanilla/chocolate||1 Quart|
|Pecan halves||4 (For Feet For The Turtles, 4 Per Turtle)|
|Chocolate ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and soda. Place it aside.
2) Preheat oven 400°F (200°C).
3) In a saucepan, combine water and butter and bring this to a boil over medium heat. Alternately MICROWAVE on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 minutes.
4) Add the flour mixture to combine with liquid by stirring constantly to form a ball and leaves the side of the pan.
5) Remove from heat and cool for a minute.
6) Gradually add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each one until mixture is quite smooth and glossy.
7) Reserve about 1/2 cup (75 mL) of cream puff batter for the heads of the turtles.
8) Use a greased cookie sheets, to spoon remaining batter into 12 portions about 3" (7.5 cm) apart to prepare the turtle bodies.
9) Prepare the heads, using 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of batter next to and just touching the first portion (body portion).
10) Place inside oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and nicely browned.
11) Place on wire racks to cool by removing from cookie sheets.
12) Before serving, assemble the turtles by removing the upper 1/2 portion of each turtle body and set aside.
13) Fill each body with ice cream and place on serving plate.
14) Prepare feet by putting 4 pecan halves next to body and place the tops back onto bodies, over the ice cream.
15) Serve the turtles by drizzling both types of toppings.