Cheese Puffs From New Zealand
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce, creamed|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
1) Preheat oven to hot.
2) In a bowl, combine butter, yeast extract and tomato puree.
3) Use the mixture to spread on bread.
4) In another bowl, combine cheese, baking powder and egg yolk. Fold in stiffly beaten white.
5) Spread mixture on bread.
6) Place the bread on top shelf to bake in hot oven for 15 minutes until brown.
7) Serve the bread hot or cold with your choice of sauce.