|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a muffin tray with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flours with salt and baking powder.
4. Mix in the raisins and wheat germ.
5. In a measuring jar, combine the milk, melted butter and honey and stir until well blended.
6. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients.
7. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, gently stir to get a smooth batter.
8. Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tray, filling each muffin mould only 3/4th full.
9. Place the muffin tray on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the muffins have risen and are golden brown.
10. Remove the tray from the oven and invert the muffins on a wire rack. Allow the muffins to cool.sprinkle powdered sugar,if desired.
11. Serve the muffins warm as an evening snack or have them for breakfast with tea or coffee.
12. Store them in an airtight container lined with grease proof paper.