|Unflavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Package)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs), 3 1/2 cup heated to just before scalding (Use 1/2 Cup Cold)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Raw sugar/1/2 cup honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten stiff|
1. In a small bowl, add gelatin to cold milk and allow it to soften.
2. Fill the sauce pan with 2 or 3 inches of water and bringing it to a steady boil. Reduce the heat so that the water is just below boiling point
3. Use a heavy-duty metal bowl large enough to fit down into the sauce pan without touching the bottom.
4. Combine the heated milk and softened gelatin, stirring till the gelatin has dissolved.
5. In another medium bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar or honey.
6. Add the egg yolk and sugar to the gelatin and milk mixture.
7. Fit the metal bowl down into the saucepan with simmering water.
8. Cook the custard on a low flame, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
9. Remove metal bowl from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
10. Allow the custard to cool completely before adding the stiff egg whites.
11. Gently fold egg whites into the custard, to get a light and fluffy texture.
12. Pour the custard into 6 sherbet glasses or soufflé cups and chill in the refrigerator until set.
8. Serve chilled garnished with your favorite fruit.
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.4 mg53.8%
Sodium 159.9 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 62.4 g
Protein 24 g47.1%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 28% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet