The Aubergine Chef demonstrates how to make vanilla eclairs and chocolate cream puffs!
For the whipped cream
For chocolate ganache
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a pan, bring heavy cream to boil on medium high heat. Add chocolate chips and stir continuously till melted and smooth.
2. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator till cooled.
3. In a mixer add the heavy cream and whip it till it forms peaks. Add sugar and vanilla extract and continue to whip till it forms stiff peaks.
For Diplomat Cream
4. Take the bowls of creams from the fridge (Recipe-part 1).
5. Add the whipped cream, in batches, into both the bowls of cream and fold it in gently to form a smooth mixture.
For The Cream Pastries and Cream Puff
6. Take each éclair (long pastry) and make holes with a sharp knife at the bottom. For the cream puff make 1 hole at the bottom.
7. Fill the piping bag with the cream of choice and fill the éclair till it feels heavy. Wipe out the extra cream.
8. Remove the ganache from the fridge and stir to smoothen it.
9. Dip the filled puffs and éclairs in ganache. Set aside till hardened.
10. In a serving plate, serve the éclairs and puffs as a dessert.
Ganache can be replaced with powdered sugar if desired.