Episode 5 Part 1 - Eclairs and Cream Puffs
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Whole milk||500 Milliliter|
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Chocolate chips||4 Ounce|
1. In a pot put the milk with 2 ounces of sugar on high heat, bring it to boil.
2. In a bowl put 2 ounces of sugar, corn starch and mix them well. Break 2 eggs in it and whisk to combine and form a smooth paste.
3. Once the milk is boiled, slowly add a little milk into the egg mixture while stirring continuously. Once the egg mixture reaches the temperature of the milk, add it back to the milk in the pan while whisking continuously.
4. Place it back on the stove on medium. Whisk continuously to avoid bubbling and burning. Continuously stir till it reaches a thick consistency as desired.
5. Turn off the heat, add butter and stir till it is melted. Divide the cream into 2 parts.
For Chocolate Cream
6. For chocolate cream in a bowl take one part of the pastry cream and add chocolate chips to it. Whisk till it melts and becomes smooth.
7. Cover both the bowls with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator.
8. Use this cream while making cream puffs or any other dessert.
For Part 2 of the Eclairs and Cream Puffs please check out this link - Eclairs and Cream Puffs- Part 2
For Part 3 of the Eclairs and Cream Puffs please check out this link - Eclairs and Cream Puffs- Part 3
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg15.7%
Sodium 53.5 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.3% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet