Lemon Cream Puffs
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Enriched flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Quick Or Old Fashioned, Uncooked)|
|Lemon cream pudding||1|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degree F
2. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with oil or butter or line with baking paper.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and oats.
4. Take a large saucepan and combine water and butter.
5. Bring to a boil on a medium flame.
6. Into the boiling water, add the flour mixture all at once, stirring vigorously.
7. Continue beating, for about 2 minutes until mixture leaves sides of pan and comes together to form a sticky dough.
8. Take pan off the heat.
9. Add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition until all the eggs are incorporated to form a thick elastic batter.
10. Use a tablespoon or a medium ice-cream scoop to drop the batter onto the cookie sheets, keeping 1 inch space between each.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
12. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking 20 to 25 minutes until the puffed, golden brown and dry.
13. Remove from oven and slide onto a wire rack to cool.
14. Prepare the lemon whipped cream by folding the lemon cream pudding into whipped cream
15. Slice off the tops of the puffs and fill with lemon whipped cream.
16. Replace the sliced puff tops.
17. Glaze them with chocolate sauce if desired
18. Arrange puffs on a doily line platter